There are many benefits of friendship. From increasing your sense of belonging to helping you cope with traumas, such as divorce, serious illness, job loss or the death of a loved one. Friendship boosts happiness and reduces stress.
* Where the word 'cafe' appears, it refers to any cafe, club or other organisation where people from your area or who share your interests can meet-up as Friends.
** Where the word 'coffee' appears, it refers to any coffee or non-alcoholic beverage that is sold or served.
Friends from the same area or who share the same interests have something in common. Say 'Hi' by sending a wave, Favourite a Friend, then send out an invite or multi (group) invite to meet-up in a one-on-one at your local cafe, club or other organisation!
Friends are important and can increase your feeling of well-being!
The good news is, you no longer need to be single to mingle. We think no matter what stage of life you're at or how many friends you have - if you'd like to find more friends, you've come to the right place. Our philosophy is that one way of forming new friendships is by having things in common. So if you're from the same area or share the same interests, then you're off to a good start.
We facilitate friendship with:
- Say 'Hi' - by sending a wave.
- Intros - Welcome someone by introducing yourself.
- Emails and Notifications - when someone Joins as a Friend from your area or when someone shares your interests you're notified.
- Multi-Invites - you can form a group of like minded people and then invite them all to a cafe in your area using the same invite.
- Select a cafe - choose a cafe in or out of your area and send out your invite/s for 5050 Coffee.
- Support Your Local Cafe - let your local cafe know how they can facilitate friendships (and more customers) by displaying their cafe promocode when they list their cafe (for free). They can also receive Payouts by displaying their cafe's promocode which will allow people from their area to scan-in and Join as a Friend.
10 Benefits Of Finding Friends on 5050
1/ Get 7 Days Free trial when you successfully complete registration then you can autorenew ON/OFF, deactivate or cancel at any time.
2/ If there are no Friends in your area yet, let your local cafe/s know and ask them to list their cafe for free. People will then be able to scan-in and Join as a Friend. You'll be notified when someone joins from your area or shares your interests.
3/ Vlog to Join: With a simple video-selfie that is no more than: 'Hi, I'm Kevin from Cronulla in Sydney - invite me for coffee.' You'll instantly be 5050 Verified and Friends will get some idea of what you are like. The 5050 V badge will instantly show on your profile photo when you have a vlog present.
4/ You'll be able to send coffee invites out after you've selected a cafe. You can select a cafe by entering the approx. address of the cafe you'd like to be at and hovering over the map. Then by choosing 'Select.' Or encourage cafes and other organisations in your area to Join as a Cafe' for free, when they do, you'll see their standout listing as a 5050 Cafe.
5/ Send an Introduction or say, 'Hi', with a wave. You can find 'the hand wave' icon under every profile photo or introduce yourself the old-fashioned way, by finding the handshake icon under every profile photo. Declare who you are, where you're from and what you do, then (importantly) mention some of their Interests.
6/ Groups - Form a group by favouriting the Friends that have joined from your area or who share your Interests. Name your group and then send them a message to welcome them or send them an Intro.
7/ Multi-Invites - You can meet up in a Group by finding the Person Plus (+) symbol (top-right) and following the steps, once you've highlighted your favourites and a selected a cafe, you'll be able to send the same invite to multiple Friends.
8/ Access to all functions: When you Join as a Friend (for free) you'll have access to all functions.
9/ Choose any cafe in either: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom or United States.
10/ Slow someone down by Pausing them. (They won't be able to contact you for a couple of weeks).